Friday, May 22, 2009

line between inspiring and influencing

Ok if you've been reading my blog which I doubt that there will be anyone else besides me....
You will see that I pretty much have 2 types of entry.

1. Settled entry
2. Non-settled one

This is one of the non-settled one. I just write for the sake of finding the answer. So here we go!

It seems like inspiring is just a positive word for influencing.
How can you create exposure without framing people's mind?
I doubt that there's a way going around doing that.

You might argue that one can give suggestion without adding personal opinion or assigning personal value.
I would say....
That is hard because people enjoy talking about something they like and through their thinking process they already think through that it is the best decision. We have limited time to communicate. Therefore, we tend to filter information when we communicate with others. Yet this depends on a goal of communication.

Furthermore, you can influence by not only adding within your message but also the structure of the information. You can limit what kind of information you would like to give.
And as I said before "No one could know what's best for others".

It is hard for us to understand ourselves to justify our choice. Even worse we can't even make choice sometimes.
How on earth we would know what's best for others?
Our best choice comes from OUR best/worst experience we had in the past, OUR relationship, OUR behavior, etc.

On the other had, without taking any advice we waste our time doing the same mistakes that might occurred....or not maybe not occurred who knows.
It's about taking chance, isn't it?

But screw that we don't want to get into that.
We're trying to find a line between inspiring and influencing.
How can you inspiring without influencing?

Or maybe you can't?
maybe it depends on the individual not to be so sensitive about things.
Not to get influence...

No comments:

Post a Comment